Texarkana Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in a Car Accident? The Potter Law Firm Can Help!
The majority of car accidents are caused by some form of negligence or carelessness on the part of a driver. This may include speeding, texting while driving, drunk driving, or other types of misconduct. While some collisions may be minor and result in only property damage, others may cause serious and lasting injuries. The steps you take immediately following a car accident could influence your ability to recover money for your medical care, damage to your vehicle, and other losses. In a serious accident, one of the most important things you can do is involve an attorney.
Call (870) 729-8223 for a free case evaluation with a Texarkana car accident attorney.
Steps to Take After an Auto Accident
We recommend taking the following steps if you’ve been injured in any type of traffic accident:
- Stay at the scene. Unless you require emergency medical care, you are required by law to remain at the scene of an auto accident and exchange insurance/driver information with the other party.
- Call for help. If someone is seriously injured or the accident is blocking traffic, call 911.
- Gather information. If possible, gather as much information at the scene. This may include getting the contact information of any witnesses, taking pictures at the scene, making notes of what you remember, and taking pictures of the damage to your vehicle.
- Do not admit fault. In talking to the other driver, law enforcement, or the insurance adjuster, do not admit fault. Do not apologize or say anything that may be misconstrued as an admission of fault.
- Call The Potter Law Firm at (870) 729-8223. Contact our firm to talk to a Texarkana car accident lawyer about your rights and options. We can get started immediately in seeking fair compensation for your injuries.